Accounting and Tax Manager - Mission Driven Organization
Brett Fisher Group
- Encino, CA
Our growing boutique 501c3 fiscal sponsor client that runs over seventy charitable initiatives around the world is seeking a rising Accounting and Tax Manager to join their tight-knit, entrepreneurial team. This newly-created, hands-on role will perform general accounting duties, monthly reporting, and annual tax preparation for a growing list of exclusive celebrity and affluent client initiatives. Upon successful demonstration of success in the role, you will have the opportunity to grow with the company through enhanced responsibility. This is a great entrée into the philanthropic world for those who are looking to transition into a management level position within the charity and foundation world. You will be learning from a best-in-class team about philanthropic strategy and impact, legalities, and charitable fundraising. This is a fast-paced, fun environment for someone who really wants to engage.
What You’ll Tackle:
- Perform day-to-day accounting for all charitable initiatives / clients, including bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, weekly wires, check writing and maintain the digital paper trail. Set up new clients in the system, as needed.
- Weekly invoicing and bank deposits
- Perform and evolve monthly financial reporting process
- Serve as primary communication to clients with regard to all financial-related inquiries; research in real-time, and respond efficiently
- Set up independent contractors, w9 and Monthly 1099 reports for Chair and Dir. Of Accounting.
- Set up payroll for new employees and coordinate with outside payroll company.
- Utilize Bill.com for payables.
- Help create or enhance accounting policies and procedures
- Liaise with outside CPA for preparation of 990 tax return
- Support financial audits
- Perform other work as may be assigned
What’s Needed to Win:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business, or related
- 3+ years of public accounting experience with nonprofit clients; experience in a small, entrepreneurial environment, and preferably coming from a similar role (a strong plus)
- Tax preparation experience (required)
- Knowledge of reporting requirements for 501c3 organizations
- CPA, or LLM in Tax, a plus
- Finance: budgeting and/or forecasting, a plus
- Proficiency with financial systems (Xero, Bill.com) and related integrations
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Hands-on, roll up your sleeves, positive attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to work in a high energy, dynamic working environment.
Monday, September 30, 2019
$80,000 to $90,000