Clinical Specialist - West Coast
Brett Fisher Group
- Los Angeles, CA
Work for one of the most well-regarded medical device firms that have successfully launched innovative, disruptive products in Europe and now expanding to the US. With products developed and new products in development, our client intends to become a global leader in single-use endoscopy. The bronchoscopy market is rapidly changing from reusable to single-use due to cross-contamination issues, the ability to improve patient outcomes and reduce hospital operational expenses. Through an exclusive strategic selling and distribution partnership, this role will support commercialization in the US. Clinical Specialists will be responsible for end-user education only, no sales responsibilities, and no patient care. Gain exposure to the medical device industry with the potential for long-term career growth in the field.
This role will require significant regional and some national travel to support accounts
Job Summary: The Clinical Specialist will be responsible for supporting revenue growth in the assigned region by delivering ongoing customer training and education. Identify and support field sales efforts in a multi-state territory through clinical and educational customer needs assessment, product and procedural training, in-servicing, and required customer follow-up. Link clinical practice with products and programs. Build strategic alliances with customers and sales representatives as it relates to executing successful value add programs.
What You’ll Tackle:
- Develop and deliver end-user customer education including product and procedural training, product implementations and expansions, and required customer follow-up. (hospital providers; no patient care)
- Maintain and develop expertise on company products.
- Work in conjunction with TSC and Distribution/Sales to properly identify, prioritize targets, and achieve corporate, regional, and territory goals and objectives.
- Establish and develop relationships with key clinical customers for the development of advocates, key opinion leadership programs, and/or customer advisory boards.
- Participate as a clinical team representative on project teams, committees, and in meetings to provide input as to the clinical perspectives on products, issues, or needs.
- Participate in educational, scientific, and promotional activities at identified local, regional, and national tradeshows/exhibitions.
- Provide customer insight for process and product improvement opportunities.
- Develop and execute content for customer educational courses and events.
- Keep current with medical literature, clinical initiatives/guidelines, competitive landscape, and industry trends and communicate with management, sales and marketing, clinical and other appropriate departments.
Maintain professional and clinical continuing education, licensure, and credentials as applicable to clinical specialty.
What’s Needed to Win:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certified Nurse, Respiratory Therapist, or related clinical license with passion for innovative products and patient care improvement required
- 3+ years’ experience as a nurse or related clinician required
- 3+ years’ experience in bronchoscopy or bronch suite preferred
- Commercial mindset with sales or education in medical device preferred
- ICU, ED, and OR experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 80% of time
- Ability to develop and sustain strong relationships across multiple functions, including distribution sales and customers
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Self-starter with ability to multitask
Compensation Range: $80,000-$100,000 base salary + 20% MIP eligibility + excellent benefits
Authority Assignment: Clinical Specialist will report directly VP, Commercial Strategy.
Friday, January 14, 2022