Director of Marketing - Hybrid
Brett Fisher Group
- Chicago, IL
Work for one of the most well-regarded medical device firms, and 7x award winner in the airway and respiratory space. Join a high-performing commercial team with great leadership, incredible employee appreciation, and undeniable chances to grow. Our award-winning medical device manufacturer client has seen 20-25% YoY growth. Sold to over 9 million patients in 75 countries worldwide, our client's groundbreaking technology is a category leader.
We are seeking an accomplished Director of Marketing to build and drive the downstream 5-year marketing strategy and annual marketing execution plan to support the USA & Canada sales channels.
What You’ll Tackle:
- Marketing Plan Ownership: Lead the downstream team and work cross-functionally to create and mobilize North America's 5-year marketing strategy and annual marketing plan that drives our client towards the standard of care with sustained double-digit revenue growth, while maintaining margins and delivering increased market share. Plan will include a clear strategy and measurable objectives for the year.
Core elements of plan include defining customer targeting strategy, competitive assessment, and strategy, laying out a clear unique selling proposition for customers leveraging the Challenger framework, creating/localizing messaging and tools to support execution of plan and campaigns, optimal pricing and promotion strategy to achieve objectives and maximize growth, a comprehensive distribution plan (direct and through distributor), a robust marketing communications strategy, best-in-class launch plans. The result of this ownership is to drive actions to support cross-functional/regional attainment of financial goals including revenue growth, market share, contribution margin and Strategic Plan commitments.
- Team Leadership & Development: Responsible for leadership and development of the Downstream Marketing team to build a marketing team that is commercially astute, dedicated, innovative and adaptable. Lead cross functional teams as needed. Partner with Commercial Excellence Director and Clinical Education Director to integrate marketing messaging with sales teams, customers and KOL’s.
- KOL Strategy: Develop a customer engagement strategy in partnership with Clinical Director including deployment for industry congresses, customer education events. Partner with Medical Affairs to influence the clinical landscape our client is a part of. Work cross functionally with Clinical Director and Medical Affairs to develop and execute a KOL strategy to help achieve goals, to share messaging and value proposition and develop training and education plans to ensure we arm the sales team with what they need, when they need it, to achieve their objectives.
- Data Roadmap: Partner with Clinical Education and Medical Affairs to prioritize key clinical, economic and QoL claims we need to bolster our value proposition. Build a clinical data roadmap with cross-functional partners that will secure the data to drive growth & achieve market share targets.
- Communications & Channel Execution: Ensure campaigns, tools and channels are strategized for and executed for maximum channel effectiveness with clear metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Financial & Budget Responsibility: Develop the budget for the fiscal year, be accountable for effectively managing budgets by maintaining fiscal discipline with the downstream marketing team. Develop metrics to measure ROI and impact of marketing on metrics including revenue and margin.
- Customer Need identification: Identify market trends and growth opportunities to adapt and optimize marketing resourcing for existing portfolio. Feed unmet product needs to New Product Planning Director and Global Marketing for development of new products or product line extensions.
- Product/Solution Launches: Partner with Global Marketing and NA Sales Leadership to develop process and frameworks for best-in-class launches to drive maximum market penetration. Support Head of Marketing on forecasting, positioning, pricing, and margins for new and existing products and lead cross-functional team to develop individual business cases with 5-year sales forecast for new product development through stage gate. Develop launch plans for new product introduction. Execute launch plans with Sales & Operations.
- Role will also handle other responsibilities and tasks as required by the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree (any subject)
- Post-graduate qualification in Business or Marketing
- 10+ years of experience in medical device marketing, focused on demand & revenue generation.
- 5+ years managing a high performing team, with proven examples of teaching and coaching team members
- Superb P&L awareness; clear ability to adapt & apply solutions to positively impact revenue & profitability
- Obtain & apply strong insight into mind of customer for growth across 5-year periods
- Develop a compelling strategic vision & execution orientation for North America
- Results orientated; creates opportunities & overcomes obstacles to drive revenue
- Excellent communication skills combining empathy & action
- Team management with focus on innovation, effectiveness, productivity
- Experience working collaboratively with sales channels to drive growth and market share gain
- Excellent IT skills, including all Microsoft packages and a CRM platform (preferably Salesforce)
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time (domestically, with some international)
Bonus if you have:
- Experience of Challenger Sales and Marketing approach
- Experience in respiratory therapeutic area and the acute care hospital setting
- Experience within a global organization, including working with a range of local and global internal stakeholders including Sales, Marketing, Operations and Medical Affairs
Tuesday, January 3, 2023
$155,000 - $175,000 base