Accounting Manager - Hybrid or Remote
Brett Fisher Group
- Los Angeles, CA
Our client is looking for an Accounting Manager who will excel in a fast-paced & dynamic environment. The Accounting Manager is responsible for supporting the Assistant Controller in managing the accounts payable, accounting and treasury operations of the Company. This position will manage the timely and accurate monthly close of the AP sub ledger for the US and Canada and provide support for the close-related tasks of General Ledger. Additionally, this position provides managerial support for daily activities performed by the accounts payable & treasury teams.
What You’ll Tackle:
- Maintain the company's overall accounts payables & general ledger processes, invoices, payments, and records on all company banking activities.
- Ensures accurate & timely month-end General Ledger close in compliance with US GAAP standards with adherence to tight closing calendar. Identifies any areas of concern in accounts for investigation & resolves. Key contributor to the month-end close.
- Ensures accurate reporting across all Company Departments, Locations, and Segments.
- Responsible to recording accruals and other general ledger-related transactions.
- Interacts effectively with FP&A and other Company departments to support the timely and efficient record keeping while supporting the finance needs of the organization.
- Ensures financial accounts are properly supported and reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Ability to perform variance analysis and other reporting tasks, as needed.
- Ensures accurate recording of invoices and payments and AP controls are maintained.
- Manage corporate cards processes and oversee accurate recording of monthly expenses.
- Responsible for 1099/1042s reporting along with and not limited to payments reporting requirements for other countries, at year-end.
- Provides managerial support for daily cash flow activities performed by the accounting team.
- Analyzes and provides data metrics on accounts payable and other transactions-related data.
- Supports compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes and regulations.
- Supports compliance to internal controls with a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Support the coordination of audit and the gathering of required audit information.
- Manages the daily activities of team members both locally and abroad, monitoring deadlines, and providing hands-on support and coaching.
Skills and experiences that we seek:
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business.
- Minimum 4 years of prior Accounting experience with 1-2 years of managerial experience preferred.
- Understanding and experience in dealing with foreign currencies and accounting thereof.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting processes and procedures. Experience in accounting and ability to apply US GAAP knowledge to general ledger accounting.
- Knowledge and experience in banking activities, and communications thereof.
- A high level of organization, initiative and drive. Natural sense of ownership for duties and deadlines as well as drive for continuous improvement.
- Strong technical and PC skills (particularly Google Suite, Microsoft office-MS Excel).
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens and engages effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
Nice to have:
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Experience with Oracle Fusion
- Knowledge & experience for accounting for Crypto/NFT activities.
Thursday, May 19, 2022
Up to $115k