Accounting and Business Manager - Business Office
Brett Fisher Group
- Sonoma, CA
Our rapidly growing 501c3 performing arts and educational outreach client is seeking a rising Senior Accountant to join a small, entrepreneurial organization. This newly-created, hands-on role will perform general accounting duties, monthly reporting, and improve processes and procedures as the company enters its next stage of growth. Upon successful demonstration of success in the role, you will have the opportunity to grow with the company through enhanced responsibility. This is a great opportunity to engage with an organization that has made a significant economic impact on the community over the past 7 years and is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to transition into a management level position within the nonprofit world.
What You’ll Tackle:
- Perform day-to-day accounting including bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, weekly wires, check writing, payroll, AP, AR, and bank deposits.
- Supervise team in performing day-to-day accounting and reporting support functions.
- Work cross-functionally with departments to enhance and support business office best practices and collaborate to deliver organizational data to executive team and board.
- Perform and evolve the financial reporting process.
- Evaluate existing disparate POS systems and make recommendations to implement new systems to increase productivity and reporting efficiency.
- Serve as primary communication to external parties with regard to all financial-related inquiries; research in real-time, and respond efficiently.
- Set up new employees and independent contractors. Manage year-end reporting.
- Help create or enhance accounting policies and procedures.
- Support financial audit and liaise with outside CPA for tax return filing.
- Collaborate with the executive team, board of directors and consultants on the delivery of reports and special projects.
- Perform other work as may be assigned
What’s Needed to Win
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business, or related
- 4+ years of accounting experience (public accounting with nonprofit clients strongly preferred); experience in a small, entrepreneurial environment, and preferably coming from a similar role (a strong plus)
- At least 1 year of management or supervisory experience
- Knowledge of reporting requirements for 501c3 organizations
- CPA or CPA in progress, a plus
- Proficiency with financial systems (NetSuite, Intaact, or QuickBooks online) and related third party application integrations (a strong plus)
- Advanced Excel experience (pivot tables)
- Hands on, roll up your sleeves, positive attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work in a high energy, dynamic working environment.
Monday, September 30, 2019
$80,000 to $90,000