Director of Operations - Automotive Lending
Brett Fisher Group
- Van Nuys, CA
Our privately-owned financial services client is a leading automotive finance company for customers in the Western U.S., specializing in subprime automobile lending. The company is committed to providing excellent service to its dealers and customers while maintaining an environment conducive to personal and professional growth for its employees. The company has tremendous forward momentum and is seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join their entrepreneurial team. This hands-on role is a significant opportunity to collaborate with the President, CEO, department managers, outside sales teams, and business partners to ensure a continuous flow of work through high-touch customer service interactions. This is a great opportunity to work in an established, rapidly growing, dynamic company.
The scope of responsibility includes risk analysis, business development, lending, branch operations, and special services. In addition, the position will be responsible for assisting the President and CEO in the overall management of the company. The successful candidate will have the passion and ability to function broadly while driving detailed, tactical execution.
Culturally, the Director of Operations will champion and drive a continuous improvement ethos throughout the company. Given the scope of the role, the candidate will demonstrate exemplary leadership, communication, and decision-making skills; extensive analytical skills to inform strategy and decision-making; the ability to create, absorb and understand complex metrics; the ability to see and systematically resolve company-level constraints. The Operations Manager reports to the CEO.
What You’ll Tackle:
- Oversee day-to-day operations in the various departments of the company.
- Oversee compliance with CFPB, state agencies including FDCPA, Rosenthal Act in performing day-to-day functions and manage regulatory adherence and compliance, ensuring all procedures and regulations are followed and enforced.
- Resolve complex problems and assist team members with inquiries and issues.
- Demonstrate ability to review and implement risk assessments for department functions.
- Conduct one-on-one coaching with all direct reports to set clear expectations, address areas of opportunity in a timely manner, as well as provide ongoing feedback, training, and guidance.
- Accountability: Demonstrated follow-through and ownership for own and delegated projects, work, and other duties.
- Analytical: Ability to read and interpret data in a meaningful manner to make recommendations to individual members and/or teams that may impact operations and/or people practices.
- Building Trusting Partnerships: Support and build working and collaborative relationships between departments, team leaders. Able to receive and provide feedback to and from others while helping others feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication.
- Compassionate: Allow people to learn from mistakes and show genuine interest in the success of others while promoting their abilities and encouraging new innovative ideas.
- Developing Others: Plan and support the development of individuals’ skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future role responsibilities more effectively.
- Decision Making: Gathers information and identifies issues, problems, and opportunities; interprets data and generates options for addressing problems/opportunities, evaluates options, and chooses an effective decision within a reasonable time to achieve results.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing change within work structure, processes, requirements, and/or culture.
- Initiative: Takes independent action to improve processes and increase efficiencies.
- Innovation/Entrepreneurship: Identifies implicit assumptions in the way problems or situations are defined and presented; sees alternative ways to view or define problems without being constrained by past practices.
- Leadership: Sets the tone through own actions in creating an environment where ideas can be shared, questions can be asked and individuals are accountable for their own actions.
- Organization and Planning: Pays attention to all details and aspects of a job or process to avoid substandard outputs. Prioritizes, schedules, and stays focused while using time and resources effectively to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Passionate / Values-Based: Keep the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decision-making and action. Communicate the importance of the vision and values while helping others understand their importance. Moves others into action by translating the vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviors.
- Work Standards: Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or projects.
What’s Needed to Win:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, and/or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience with 2+ years progressive experience in leadership/management with a financial institution in operations, sales, business development, and/or lending management background; or equivalent combination of education and of work experience.
- Knowledge of the subprime automotive industry is preferred.
- Ability to work on all aspects of automotive loan transactions.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office: E-mail, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Great attitude with a high-energy personality.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of industry lending and internal lending policies and products.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits, car allowance, cell phone reimbursement, and all travel expenses paid.
Tuesday, January 3, 2023