Data Analytics Manager (Audit)
- Chicago, IL
Chicago based Fortune 500 Consumer Products company is looking to hire a new Data Analytics Supervisor to incorporate a heavy data analytics strategy into their robust audit program.
Company is known for:
- Generous compensation included company funded pension and 401(k) match
- Lofty career paths
- Work life balance
- Working 100% virtually during covid-19
- Innovative products that change people's lives
- household name
INTERNAL AUDIT – DATA ANALYTICS SUPERVISOR
The Data Analytics Manager will be responsible for the Internal Audit Data Analytics Program and support of the overall data analytics strategy through design, development, and delivery of innovative, data-driven solutions across all departments. The data analytics strategy includes advanced auditing techniques of analyzing data to identify anomalies, policy non-compliance, and internal control weaknesses.
This role will provide a strategic view, thought leadership, and directions for the program as it expands. The Data Analytics Manager will have direct interactions and partnerships with leaders across the organization.
- Develop, implement, support, and maintain data analytics protocols, standards, and tools, as well as distribution of analytics prior to and/or during audit fieldwork.
- Communicate the data requirements and ensure IA receives access to the source information needed, understanding of the data relationships to the business processes.
- Analyze complex data, identify anomalies/trends/risks, and provide practical insight to improve internal controls.
- Maintain and execute the inventory of data analytics routines for continuous monitoring.
- Prepare documentation and analytic dashboards/reports that effectively and efficiently provides summarized results, analysis, conclusions to stakeholders, with supporting details readily available.
- Identify and recommend overall process improvements to drive efficiencies.
- Address ad-hoc analytics requests and facilitate needed data acquisition, as needed, to support internal audit projects, special projects, and investigations.
- Participate in department technology leadership work streams on support, knowledge management processes and use of tools.
- Serve as a liaison with external audit team to facilitate understanding of data in the business process and to increase reliance on IA’s work.
- Stay abreast of new trends and developments in data analytics by leading and/or attending seminars, training sessions, and workshops, as necessary to develop and ensure success of the department’s data analytics program.
- Serve in a consultative capacity (subject matter expert) to business units on data analytics techniques, tools, and other technical matters.
- Requires a bachelor's degree, but master’s degree or higher is strongly preferred.
- Preferred professional designations, including CIA, CPA, CISA or similar.
- At least 5 years of related experience in a data analytics role.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques.
- Experience in designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills.
Thursday, November 5, 2020