Staff Accountant - Highly acquisitive company!
- Chicago, IL
A highly acquisitive insurance and finance powerhouse is hiring a Staff Accountant to their Corporate team!
This is a fantastic role for a strong performer who is looking to greatly expand their knowledge of ledgers, consolidation, and financial reporting within a multi-faceted company. The role will assist with a wide range of monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting functions associated with the corporation’s financial reporting and well as work closely with SEC, GAAP, and statutory accounting.
Perks to get excited about:
- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
- Save for your future with 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts, and various retirement plans.
- Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications, and continuing education programs.
- Contribute to your community through volunteer programs.
- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
- Protect what you love with discounts on insurance products.
- Get additional employee discounts for shopping, dining, and travel.
- Excellent track record of developing employees and providing them with cross-functional, long-term career opportunities!
- Preparing monthly journal entries for the corporate general ledger.
- Preparing general ledger reconciliations.
- Designing, preparing, and analyzing management reports.
- Creating and performing ad hoc queries and analyses.
- Support the consolidation and reporting functions.
- Creating and performing ad-hoc queries and analytics upon request.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with corporate accounting or financial reporting.
- Experience in large, publicly traded companies a plus.
Friday, May 22, 2020