Senior Accountant at Advertising Services Company
- Chicago, IL, United States
Our client, a leading advertising services company, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team. With a global reach and an impressive list of clients, this is an exciting opportunity to join a young and collaborative team and work with some of the best talent across the world.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for processing, recording, updating, and reconciling financial information in compliance with US GAAP. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in intercompany accounting and consolidations, and will be able to partner with accounting and finance leadership to drive process improvement.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Record intracompany and intercompany transactions, including managing cash settlements and ensuring balances reconcile with the counterparty.
- Process consolidations within Planful and generate financial reports for group and management reporting.
- Collaborate with regional teams in Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific to ensure intercompany balances reconcile.
- Analyze, record, and reconcile intra-company transactions.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects and remain intellectually curious and professionally skeptical.
- Research discrepancies of financial information and/or documentation for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adhering to established procedures prior to processing.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Compile a wide variety of financial information for the purpose of providing required documentation and/or processing information for group reporting.
- Inform managers and employees of accounting procedural requirements for the purpose of facilitating financial compliance within established practices.
- 2+ years of experience with financial systems, budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, and auditing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Ability to professionally drive change and process.
- Extremely high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong background in Microsoft Office – Highly proficient in Excel.
- Experience excelling within fast-paced, high-energy environments.
If you are an experienced Senior Accountant with a passion for driving process improvement and a desire to work with a dynamic and collaborative team, we encourage you to apply today.
Monday, February 20, 2023