Senior Financial Accountant
- Chicago, IL
The Senior Financial Accountant is an important addition to the BDC Fund Accounting team as it seeks to support a growing firm, build a world-class, customer-focused, finance team and drive operational excellence. The Senior Financial Accountant will have primary responsibility for reviewing and preparing all SEC-elated reporting for the public and private BDCs. The Senior Financial Accountant will also assist in internal reporting, financial reporting automation, process improvement as well as other initiatives and projects.
- Prepare the Quarterly and Annual reports on Form 10-Q / K for review
- Prepare quarterly earnings release and other investor communications
- Prepare periodic 8Ks for debt facility amendments, new originations, earnings conference calls, etc.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
- Work closely with the company’s other shared services functions (treasury, operations, tax, portfolio monitoring, etc.) as it relates to the ongoing operational and reporting needs of the BDC Fund Accounting Group
- Assist in various ad hoc projects and requests
- Assist the BDC Fund Accounting team drive operational efficiencies and strong controllership throughout all processes
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education required (Accounting or Finance preferred)
- CPA strongly encouraged
- Public accounting and SEC reporting experience is strongly desired
- Three or more years of relevant experience, preferably in similar business or industry
- High skill level in Excel required, proficiency in PowerPoint, Workiva, Wall Street Office, Workday or other general ledger packages is a strong plus
- Strong reputation and examples of exceptional team orientation – this is vital to being a successful member of the Fund Accounting team as well as working closely with Technology Solutions, Operations, Investor Relations, Treasury, etc.
- Comfortable working in a fluid environment under the direction of various managers depending on the task at hand
- Comfortable with a steep learning curve and seeking assistance from a strong and committed peer group
- Strong accounting skills and instincts
- Capacity to be a deep thinker – need to operationalize complex agreements and account for investments, incentive fee arrangements, partner allocations, etc.
- Capacity and passion for being part of a fast-growing environment – requiring outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, strong intellect and appropriate self-confidence
- Ability to learn and excel at day-to-day responsibilities and contribute to driving process improvement, standardization and automation
- COVID vaccinations required, subject to applicable local, state and federal law
Wednesday, June 1, 2022