Senior Real Estate Accountant- Downtown Chicago
- Chicago, IL
We are excited to help add to a team for one of the most aggressively growing Chicago-based REIT's!
The people on this team are inspiring. All are coming out of public accounting and are collaborative, genuine, and very friendly with one another. They frequently have team outings, play intramural sports, go out for drinks or dinner, run 5ks together, etc. They have a great time together inside and outside of the office.
More things to get excited about:
- The company has gone from 5,000 properties to 13,000+ properties in 2 years.
- The entire company starting with the CEO has a strong emphasis on personal and professional development.
- They want this person to mentor/train/supervisor 3 staff members, and will be the go-to person when the Director is out or not available. They are grooming this person to step up quickly!!
- Just moved to a newly renovated office in the loop that has collaborative workspaces, private offices, and a huge cafeteria. Gym onsite.
- Employees truly feel supported by the company and leadership.
- Exposure across the organization. Not uncommon for the CEO and other leadership to walk up to the desks of everyone.
- Strong benefits: health, dental, vision, life, 401k match
- 4 promotions on this team in the last couple of months. Aggressive promotions and career path.
- Weekly, monthly and period-end closing duties including preparation and review of entries and reconciliations as required
- Assist in coordination and support of third-party auditors.
- Collaborate with other teams within the organization including Operations, Treasury, and Internal Audit.
- Assist with the preparation of technical accounting memos and research matters.
- Execute internal controls with a continuous improvement and ownership mentality.
- 3+ years of total experience within an accounting firm with exposure to the real estate industry preferred.
- Experience with Yardi is desired and strong Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines and maintain a continuous improvement mentality.
- Committed to personal and professional development of self and colleagues.
Wednesday, February 5, 2020