Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
- Chicago, IL
As the Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting you will be a key leader in helping transform the company’s accounting & finance function through maximization of process efficiency, automation of manual processes, and speed-to-delivery improvement. This role will have significant exposure to GAAP, statutory, and SEC accounting, all within a multi-faceted insurance company (life, health, P&C).
- Managing a team of professionals in obtaining and analyzing data from various sources (e.g., systems, schedules, external vendors, etc.) for the preparation of GAAP financial statements, consolidations and other reports.
- Overseeing the team responsible for preparation and review of monthly journal entries in Workday and account reconciliations.
- Key resource in the Company’s internal and external financial reporting processes, including SEC reporting on Form 10-Q and 10-K.
- Leading efforts to automate various processes by developing a deep understanding of source data and end user needs, and then directing in the design, implementation, and oversight of solution.
- Assisting in the Company’s evaluation of technical accounting matters, including those related to complex transactions, emerging areas, and adoption of new accounting standards.
- Assisting in the function of the Company’s SOX program, including interfacing with internal and external auditors as well as business leaders.
- Participating in acquisitions and dispositions, including due diligence and purchase accounting.
- Serving as a key resource for special projects with the ability to both lead as well as provide meaningful contributions.
- Taking an active role in managing the Accounting/Finance team from an HR perspective, including recruiting quality professionals and developing high-performing teams.
- 5+ years of accounting/auditing experience (public and/or private), including both GAAP and statutory insurance frameworks.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA preferred.
- Experience with Workday Financials, Workiva (wDesk), XBRL, Blackline, and software robots is a strong plus.
- Bold strategic thinker with a keen eye for improving and even transforming processes.
- Engaging leader with supervisory skills.
- Progressive thinking skills, a strong work ethic, and a knack for innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with varying levels of management and professional staff.
- Effective writing skills and strong attention to detail required.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve accounting and operational issues.
Friday, October 28, 2022