Staff Accountant - fast track promotions
- Chicago, IL
Our client, a leading publicly-held insurance and financial services organization, headquartered in the Chicago loop, is seeking to hire an experienced Staff Accountant to their growing team!
The company has grown significantly through acquisition recently and is seeking a top performing accounting professional for this critical role. Overall, the Accounting Department is focused on becoming a best-in-class department that is guided by a philosophy of adding value and improving the operations of the organization.
- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
- Save for your future with 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
- Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
- Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
- Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
- Preparing monthly journal entries for the corporate general ledger.
- Preparing general ledger reconciliations.
- Designing, preparing, and analyzing management reports.
- Creating and performing ad hoc queries and analyses.
- Support the consolidation and reporting functions.
- Creating and performing ad-hoc queries and analytics upon request.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus.
- 0-2 years’ experience with corporate financial reporting role and/or insurance accounting experience.
- Effective writing skills and strong attention to detail required.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Progressive thinking skills, a strong work ethic, and a knack for innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with varying levels of management and professional staff.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve accounting issues.
Friday, May 10, 2019