- Chicago, IL
A large, multi-national food & beverage CPG company headquartered in Chicago is in search of a Senior Accountant!
They are headquartered in Downtown Chicago, working in a hybrid model (3 in, 2 out), and offer competitive benefits and compensation. They are a great team and are led by a motivated, down-to-earth individual who loves to grow his staff!
- Experience with internal control over financial reporting (SOX) in order to evaluate/maintain control environment of the newly spun-off business
- Assist with the consolidation of financial results for North America and Europe and preparation of external financial statements (including footnotes to the financial statements), including the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statements of Cash Flows, and Statements of Shareholder’s Equity
Responsible for completion of technical accounting areas within the Corporate segment including the following:
- Hedge accounting
- Accounting for special compensation and benefit arrangements, including share-based compensation and pension accounting
- Review and oversight of Balance Sheet and Income Statement output from Pepsi accounting teams operating under Transaction Services Agreements (2 years)
- Proactively perform account fluctuation analysis, reconciliations, ad-hoc analysis, and management reporting
- Support required financial audits and be the lead responsible for management of the external audit
- Undergraduate university degree required. Graduate degree (MS/MA/MBA) preferred
- 5 years of relevant professional experience, public accounting preferred
- Experience with CPG or global, matrixed manufacturing organization is a plus
- Hands-on, collaborative, proactive, transparent, urgent, and able to deal with ambiguity.
- Experience in financial and management reporting, consolidation, technical accounting, SEC reporting, and systems deployment experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements including internal controls and reporting skills
Thursday, June 30, 2022