Accounting Manager - Corporate & Operations Support
- Chicago, IL
The Operations Accounting Manager will be a key stakeholder in various business initiatives and will drive impact assessment and development of solutions that ensure implementation of internal controls and accounting processes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). While a focus of the role is to manage the activities of assigned to the operational accounting functions, the role also is a key liaison with internal business partners including marketing, engineering, supply chain, sales operations and financial planning and analysis.
- Act as a liaison to the broader enterprise in support of key operational and planning decisions.
- Participate in enterprise projects to ensure appropriate requirements are developed based on a solid understanding of financial systems, transactional flow and support testing, if required.
- Review, operationalize and implement accounting for new products, services or contracts.
- Establish, maintain and consistently implement policies and procedures to ensure that internal controls are operating effectively.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues impacting financial area of responsibility to senior leadership.
- Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities (including journal entries and account reconciliations) and variance analysis are properly prepared, maintained and completed in a timely manner.
- Support requests for financial information from executive leadership, internal and external auditors, or others in the organization, as needed.
- Ensure understanding of transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial reporting
- Ensure journal entries, and resulting financial statement accounts are stated in accordance with US GAAP.
- Hold associates accountable by monitoring progress, results and deliverables, providing timely and constructive feedback and delivering performance improvement actions, if and when needed.
- Set team performance direction by ensuring team goals align and support Company goals and that these translate into concrete individual goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA required
- 7 plus years of broad accounting experience required
- Broad experience and knowledge in all areas of Accounting/ Finance required
- Advanced understanding of US GAAP and internal controls required
- Strong organizational and time management skills required
- Strong complex problem-solving and analytical abilities required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required
- Advanced computer competency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Working knowledge of general ledger and financial systems required
- Continuous improvement mindset required
Wednesday, November 22, 2023