Regional Controller for multi-brand operator
- Oak Brook, IL, United States
A leading multi-brand operator in the U.S. car wash market is seeking a Regional Controller to manage the Accounting and Financing function at the local asset/brand level, including acquired companies. The company, headquartered in Oakbrook Terrace, IL, has built leading positions in the Phoenix, Denver, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, and Oklahoma City markets through its partnerships with premium car wash operators, and has plans to expand its network to 170+ locations over the next 12 months.
The Regional Controller will oversee and ensure timely and accurate daily and monthly accounting activity, supervise the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close process, and coordinate with the operations team to provide management with financial information vital to the Brand’s decision-making process. Other essential functions include conducting financial analysis to explain variances in financial performance, assessing current operations and implementing new processes, tracking and reporting on business performance metrics, and managing the Brand budget process.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA or CPA strongly desired.
- Certifications: CPA strongly desired.
- Knowledge: Experience with managing general ledger, GAAP accounting, monthly close process, producing financial statements, cash management, budgeting, tax filings, and management of junior resources. Audit experience within a public accounting firm.
- Skills: Advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills. Strong communication skills. Strong attention to details and critical thinking skills. Familiarity with Sage Intacct a plus, but not required.
- Abilities: Career progression of accounting positions within a company (i.e., Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager, etc.) with increasing leadership responsibilities is strongly desired. Experience with multi-unit retail and/or private-equity-backed companies a plus.
- Extended periods of sitting: frequently required to stand and walk.
- Frequently use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to talk and hear – in person, via computer (I.e., Teams meeting), and phone calls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: typical of an office setting. The noise level is usually quiet. Minimal travel may be required.
Wednesday, February 15, 2023