Senior Corporate Accountant
- Chicago, IL
This position is a critical role in the Company’s consolidation and financial reporting team reporting to the Director, Corporate Accounting and Consolidation.
- Preparing the Company’s consolidation in Hyperion, including elimination entries and execution of internal controls.
- Overseeing the monthly general ledger activities of certain corporate functions/accounts.
- Assisting in the Company’s evaluation of technical accounting matters, including those related to complex transactions, emerging areas, and adoption of new accounting standards.
- Assisting in the external reporting process, including the 10-Q/10-K preparation/review, XBRL tagging and analysis, and execution of monthly/quarterly controls.
- Serving as a key resource for special projects with the ability to both lead as well as provide meaningful contributions.
- Taking an active role in managing the Accounting/Finance team from an HR perspective, including recruiting quality professionals and developing high-performing teams.
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Public accounting background desired, but not required
- Ideal candidate will have relevant industry experience in insurance/financial services
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Oracle Financials, Workday and Blackline is considered highly attractive
- Strong knowledge of accounting practices, particularly those frequently utilized in the consolidation of financial statements
- Strong process management skills
- Intellectually curious, analytically strong, and embracer of change
Friday, October 28, 2022