Senior Accountant - Direct Hire - All the Perks!
- Chicago, IL
Look no further for a company as committed to its employees as its clients!
This company has asked Buckingham Search to introduce them to a knowledgeable and driven Senior Accountant to add to their team.
Some things to look forward to:
- Very strong investment in personal and professional development, training, and growth.
- Strong compensation package (401k match, profit sharing bonus, health benefits, etc)
- PTO & Flexible work schedule
- 12 week 100% paid parental leave
- Free lunch Fridays
- Fitness club reimbursement
- Transit Benefits
- Free Divvy Membership
- Dog-friendly office
- Emphasis on philanthropy and the company will match your dollars to charities that you support, and they encourage volunteerism
The Revenue Accountant will be responsible for overseeing of all the revenue cycle transactions. This is more than your typical Accounts Receivable position - in the beginning, you'll help better manage our AR, and in time this accounting role will expand into other phases of the revenue cycle and cash flow forecasting.
- Process invoices and generate the revenue in our ERP, NetSuite
- Process, apply, and deposit customer payments and refund requests
- Correspond with customers and internal staff, with a focus on managing the accounts receivables
- Analyze and prepare a schedule for bad debt reserve
- Process credit card disputes
- Compile and report on key metrics, such as general revenue, additional revenue, credit memos, and refunds
- Ensure revenue is being recognized at the correct time, calculate deferred revenue, and help to enact the revenue recognition process before year-end
- Gather credit applications and contact references
We believe someone with at least 3 years of experience in revenue cycle accounting will be the most successful in this role, however what's most important for us is someone who is well rounded in the field of accounting, a quick learner, and has the ability to be a client advocate and uphold what's best for the organization at the same time.
- Hungry for Knowledge. You're a genuinely curious person and love digging for details.
- Customer Mindset. You enjoy talking to customers of all backgrounds and can cater to different communication styles.
- Process Focused. We're looking for someone who can be a thought partner with leadership on building out processes and isn't afraid to raise issues in a proactive way.
- Detail Obsessed. We work with hundreds of clients and vendors, so it's important you're able to keep track of each account's unique details.
- Flexible. You love supporting your team and are able to adapt to the needs of the business.
- Growth-Mindset. You thrive on feedback and making improvements based on it.
Posted On: Tuesday, September 3, 2019