- Chicago, IL
Senior Internal Auditor
The Senior Internal Auditor role is considered to be a key source of talent for the broader finance organization. This position allows for excellent exposure and growth and is primarily responsible for executing a variety of financial, IT, and compliance audits at the business unit and corporate levels. While the company’s Corporate Office is located in Lake Forest, IL, this position is permanently based out of our downtown office in the Chicago Loop.
- Participate in meetings with internal management and the external audit firm to identify areas of concern and emerging trends and to determine scope of reviews/audits.
- Understand risks and controls in relation to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), financial reporting processes, and business operations while working on a variety of financial, IT, and compliance audits.
- Examine, analyze and interpret accounting records to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, fraud, or non-compliance with GAAP, laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Document work performed and present findings identified to management, including making recommendations to mitigate and/or remediate gaps identified.
- Follow up on the progress of implementation of recommendations and directions to the management of the corporate office and business unit sites.
- Constantly challenge the status quo and look for ways to improve operational efficiency.
- Attend training, seminars and workshops as deemed necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting
- ~2+ years of progressive public accounting/audit experience; Big 4 and manufacturing experience are a plus
- CPA (or at least working towards it)
- Knowledge of current US GAAP and GAAS
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Must be detail-oriented in order to thrive in hands-on environment
- Must be a self-starter, result oriented, and have a willingness to learn
- Available to travel both domestically and internationally (annual average is 35-50%)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Experience with JDE and Hyperion are a plus
- Foreign language skills are a plus (i.e., German, Italian, etc.)
Friday, April 14, 2023