Our client is a growing REIT in downtown Chicago and they are seeking an Accounting Associate!
The Accounting Associate will support the accounting needs of the growing organization. You’ll assist the Financial Close team in preparing recurring monthly, quarterly, and annual journal entries in accordance with the period-end close of the Company, as well as ad-hoc projects, as required. You’ll also assist in the performance of various other activities throughout the month to ensure transactions are recorded timely and completely. You bring hands-on experience and passion to define and contribute to the team’s accounting experience. You are knowledgeable about accounting and reporting practices.
• Weekly, monthly, and period-end closing duties including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations as required.
• Assist in the coordination and support of third-party auditors.
• Collaborate with other teams within the organization including Operations, Treasury, and Internal Audit.
• Execute internal controls with a continuous improvement and ownership mentality.
• Assist in the preparation and distribution of internal and external financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability, and accuracy.
• Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP compliance.
• Analyze and interpret operating and financial performance information.
• Other tasks and duties as assigned.
• Some Microsoft Excel skills are required.
• Strong analytical skills and financial acumen. A creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines and maintain a continuous improvement mentality.
• Committed to the personal and professional development of self and colleagues.
Here, you can learn the ins and outs of the real estate organization. They offer an approachable team, hybrid flexibility, and tons of upward mobility. This is one of our favorite clients because we know our candidates are going to a place they will stay long-term and love their team!