Senior Accountant - F1000 Insurance
- Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search is working with a Fortune 1000 Insurance company who is looking to hire a new Senior Accountant to the team! This is a fantastic role for a strong performer who is looking to greatly expand their knowledge within a multi-faceted insurance company (P&C, life, health) that has exposure to SEC, GAAP, and statutory accounting.
- Location: Downtown Chicago
- Work Schedule: 2 days in-office, 3 days WFH
- Compensation: $75,000 - $90,000
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries
- Prepare and/or review monthly account reconciliations
- Consolidate company operating information for internal and external financial reporting
- Prepare analytical schedules, analyze variances, and provide support for internal requests
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements
- Prepare and/or review quarterly statutory-basis financial statements
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of experience in accounting. Insurance / financial services experience is a plus
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Familiarity with US GAAP, familiarity with statutory accounting principles is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office products - intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month
- Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
- Learn and Grow with a Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
- Contribute to your community through volunteer opportunities
- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress
Wednesday, November 23, 2022