Senior Tax Technology Associate (Telecomm)
- Arlington Heights, IL
A leading telecom company serving millions of customers nationwide is seeking a Senior for their Tax Technology team! This group promotes quickly, and it is not uncommon for people to move across the business into other areas of the company!
Things to get excited about:
- Benefits awarded day 1 (Health, Vision, Dental, HSA, FSA, Life insurance), along with wellness dollars!
- 401k matching on your first 5% and a 100% company-funded pension plan
- Parental leave and adoption financial assistance
- Currently all WFH, however, they also have a newly renovated and updated office center with cafeteria and gym on-site
- Cell phone allowance
- Dress for your day/casual dress
- Education assistance
- Great community involvement and volunteer opportunities
- Act as a team lead; training and mentoring less experienced associates.
- Act as a representative at critical cross-functional project meetings.
- Apply analytical skills and professional judgement while analyzing and reviewing complex transactions.
- Ensure accurate customer taxation. Including, but not limited to, ensuring system data is maintained to include current monthly tax rate updates, taxability decision changes due to legislative updates and customer exempt sales.
- Process monthly Vertex Communications Tax updates in the TOPS billing system. Validate updates to ensure proposed tax changes are correct and perform system testing of the update to ensure accuracy. Communicate tax changes to all impacted business partners.
- Query, assemble, and analyze large amounts of data including tax data used for month-end accounting close, tax audits, and ad-hoc reporting.
- Work within the TOPS Billing System environment to perform testing of TOPS end-to-end tax functionality. Documenting findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Communicate with IT and TOPS billing teams to explain system issues and resolve issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- Represent the Tax department on cross-functional projects for company products and initiatives ensuring transaction taxes are processed in accordance with applicable tax laws.
- Perform detailed user acceptance testing for new functionality with tax impacts, certifying that the billing and financial systems are recording transactions accurately to ensure customer taxation is in compliance with tax laws.
- Develop, improve, and enhance system reports used to facilitate the tax compliance process.
- Test and validate SAP general ledger reporting, query data, and other data gathered for use in the tax compliance processes to check for accuracy and completeness.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting, Business, or Information Systems.
- Five+ years of experience in tax.
- Experience with tax software systems needed, particularly expertise in the TOPS billing system functionality and in-depth technical knowledge of Vertex O and/or Vertex CommTax functionality.
- Experience with SQL.
- Excellent data management skills including data mining capability.
- Ability to aggregate and analyze large amounts of data in an efficient manner.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products (Excel, Access, and Word).
- Ability to work independently to solve problems and the ability to document findings in a logical manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – ability to establish and maintain professional productive relationships.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Demonstrated success to independently resolve and/or develop recommendations for unprecedented, complex issues and problems.
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop recommendations for management resolution.
- Ability to communicate issues of a complex nature in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
Monday, March 29, 2021