Accounting Associate Opportunity in Real Estate
- Chicago, IL
Our favorite real estate client is looking to add an accounting associate to their team! This REIT is headquartered in downtown Chicago and has some big-time private equity backers like The Blackstone Group. Rumor has it they're also eyeing an IPO soon!
Within the past few years, we've helped them hire 15+ people and can vouch that this is truly an amazing place to work. This team has skyrocketed people up the corporate ladder, offering aggressive promotions to high-performers, and has helped others move into other areas of the organization including operations and finance. They also offer amazing benefits, annual bonuses, really flexible remote work, and more.
- Weekly, monthly, and period-end closing duties including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations as required.
- Assist in the coordination and support of third-party auditors.
- Collaborate with other teams within the organization including Operations, Treasury, and Internal Audit.
- Execute internal controls with a continuous improvement and ownership mentality.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of internal and external financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability, and accuracy.
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP compliance.
- Analyze and interpret operating and financial performance information.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Some Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen. A creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines and maintain a continuous improvement mentality.
- Committed to the personal and professional development of self and colleagues.
Wednesday, May 24, 2023