Accountant- Fast-Growing Real Estate
- Chicago, IL
One of our favorite clients in Chicago is looking for an Accounting Associate to join their team! They are a real estate investment trust who has gone from 5,000 properties to 12,000 properties in 2 years, with continuous aggressive growth.
- Weekly, monthly and year-end closing duties including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations as required.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of internal and external financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
- Assist in coordination and support of third-party auditors.
- Execute internal controls with a continuous improvement and ownership mentality.
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- CPA preferred
- 1-3 years of professional experience in accounting or related field.
- Some Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen. Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines and maintain a continuous improvement mentality.
This is a great opportunity with a dynamic organization poised for expansion into the future and where employees truly feel supported by the company and leadership!
Wednesday, November 22, 2023