Senior Tax Manager, SALT (State and Local)
- Chicago, IL
Chicago Loop Eco-company is looking to add a new Senior Tax Manager, State and Local (SALT) to the team!
This company is a leader in sustainability and uses green solutions to meet the world's ever-growing energy and utility demands through a network of 1000+ sites. Serving tens of millions of customers, they show no signs of slowing down. The Senior Accountant, Technical Accounting will be a key member of the accounting organization.
Senior Tax Manager, State and Local (SALT)
The Senior Manager, Tax is responsible for overseeing and managing elements of the Company’s Tax Accounting processes and procedures. Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of financial information and ensuring that information adheres to GAAP and internal company policies. Responsibilities may include: developing tax accounting policies, procedures and controls; utilizing tax and accounting systems to automate and improve process efficiencies
- Responsible for accuracy of income tax elements of the Company’s financial statements and management reports. Works in partnership with business and accounting management to meet tax accounting needs of the business.
- Manages elements of the Company’s tax accounting activities, relative to both GAAP and adjusted earnings. Develops and implements tax accounting policies and ensures those policies are communicated across the organization. Ensures tax aspects of the Company’s financial statements are prepared in accordance with its tax accounting policies.
- Reviews tax accounting results. Prepares management reports and presents results to Senior Management.
- Proposes recommendations for changes and improvements to tax accounting processes and procedures. Drives and partners with cross-functional teams to develop and implement approved changes.
- Mentors, coaches, and develops employees, building morale and motivation.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax or similar
- 7+ years of tax experience including management experience
- State and Local Tax experience
- Experience with applicable tax accounting regulations
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
Sunday, November 15, 2020