Senior Accountant - Financial Services
- Chicago, IL
Our client, a leading publicly-held insurance and financial services organization, headquartered in the Chicago Loop, is seeking to hire an experienced Senior Accountant to their growing team!
The company has grown significantly through acquisition recently and is seeking a top-performing experienced accounting professional for this critical role. Overall, its Corporate Accounting Department is focused on becoming a best-in-class department that is guided by a philosophy of adding value and improving the operations of the organization.
- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
- Save for your future with 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
- Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
- Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
- Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries
- Prepare and/or review monthly account reconciliations
- Consolidate company operating information for internal and external financial reporting
- Work with internal and external auditors and provide necessary support
- Prepare analytical schedules, analyze variances, and provide support for internal requests Actively identify, lead, manage, and complete process improvement projects
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements
- Prepare selected footnote disclosures for Kemper’s 10-Q and 10-K SEC filings
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Accounting 3+ years of experience in corporate accounting.
- Insurance / financial services experience is a plus
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred Familiarity with US GAAP, familiarity with statutory accounting principles is a plus
- Experience navigating a large ERP environment
- Proficiency in MS Office products - intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel Experience in Hyperion Financial Management and Blackline a strong plus
- Progressive thinking skills, a strong work ethic, and a knack for innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills to interact with varying levels of management and professional staff
Monday, March 16, 2020