Director of Leadership Development
- Chicago, IL
Buckingham Search is partnering with a billion-dollar manufacturer to help them find a Director of Leadership Development! This is a newly created position for the company that will oversee both early career and leadership development programs. If you're looking to take on a new challenge, build a new position and add immense value to an organization, this is for you!
Reporting to the VP of Talent and Leadership Development, the Director, Leadership Development is responsible for strengthen the capabilities and building a pipeline of existing and future leaders. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to create, launch, manage, & refine programs for the organization. Additionally, this role will have high visibility with senior leadership team and the ability to have impact across the global organization.
- Build curricula for a range of management and leadership development programs to promote leadership capabilities aligned with the values and behavioral expectations. Monitor, analyze, and report on program key results to support program objectives and ensure initiatives are driving program growth and performance.
- Evaluate, identify and partner with vendors as needed to procure/customize content.
- Create and drive reinforcement materials, tools, and/or follow up sessions to support adoption of training concepts.
- Lead the strategy to utilize a learning management system to support development. Determine and procure content to meet a wide range of development needs throughout the company.
- Design and facilitate leadership development and OD-related training materials as needed.
- Partner with HR organization to conduct needs analyses to drive long-term training plans.
- Guide subject matter experts on the design and delivery of specific training content.
- Oversee university (graduate and undergraduate) programs to feed pipeline of functional leaders and future P&L owners
- Manage and develop a Talent Specialist
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial/organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Performance Technology, Adult Education or related field.
- Software knowledge of training design software, such as Articulate.
- 8+ years experience designing, developing and executing leadership and talent development programs. This includes program metrics and reporting.
- Experience with early in career and/or rotational development programs.
- Demonstrated success in program and project management
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Experience in high-growth organizations
- Ability to think creatively and encourage innovation
- Knowledge of change management, motivation, generative culture, growth mindset, and leadership pipeline models and tools
- Passionate about creating exceptional learning experiences and developing people to be their best.
- Strives for continuous improvement based on feedback and analysis of data
Wednesday, August 17, 2022