Senior IT Auditor - Exciting international travel!
- Chicago, IL
Our client, a Fortune 200 life sciences company, is hiring a Senior IT Auditor.
This company creates healthcare products that impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of people every day and they also take care of their employees with substantial benefits!
Things to be excited about:
- Two work locations to choose from, Chicago loop or their Northern Chicago suburb corporate campus
- Opportunity to work from home 1 day per week
- Excellent benefits and perks
- Exposure to Cyber Security, Product development, Vendor risk management, Internal controls, Product cybersecurity specialist, Purchasing, Finance, IT Digital Team, etc.
- Travel 15-40% to beautiful places. Travel is planned a year in advance so no last-minute trips. Generous travel budget to build on fun trips and meals.
- Very low turnover leaving the organization. However, the company consistently rotates audit employees into other areas of the business!
The Senior IT Auditor is responsible for assessing the adequacy of Global Information Technology security and controls for applications and infrastructure throughout the company's international and domestic organizations. The individual will effectively scope and plan for assigned audit engagements including preparation of audit risk assessments and planning to drive appropriate audit coverage. The Senior IT Auditor will execute audit fieldwork using a risk-based approach to help ensure effective testing coverage. They will identify control gaps and other areas of risk exposure related to controls within IT processes and deliver achievable, meaningful recommendations for management to mitigate the identified risks.
- Lead and execute Information Systems audits throughout the company's international and domestic organizations.
- Participate in the IT risk assessment process and development of the audit plan for assigned entities.
- Assess the design and development of security solutions and their adherence to applicable policies and comply with information security requirements.
- Prepare and present audit findings to senior management.
- Maintain comprehensive historical audit work paper documentation that fully supports reported audit results, leveraging established department tools and standards.
- Proactively communicate with key stakeholders regarding audit status, findings and other relevant issues.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging security risks. Research new technologies, understand existing processes, and reference recognized standards and frameworks.
- Work collaboratively with others on the Corporate Audit team to proactively assess organizational IT risks and ensure effective audit coverage.
- Identify control gaps and other areas of heightened risk exposure related to governance, risk management and internal controls within IT processes.
- Design and deliver achievable meaningful recommendations for management to mitigate the identified risks.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Three to five years of related experience with a top-tier consulting or public accounting firm
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- 15-40% travel to International and Domestic locations required.
Wednesday, February 5, 2020