Senior Accountant, Consolidations
- Chicago, IL
A $1B Global Media firm is hiring a Senior Accountant focused on Consolidations!
Things to get excited about:
- A collaborative, young team with hands-on management
- Clients include: Google, Levi's, Jim Bean, Nestle, and many more
- Flexible hybrid schedule with an easily accessible Loop office
- Super acquisitive company
- This Controller loves to promote from within and quickly
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT, CONSOLIDATIONS
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the processing, recording, updating, and reconciling of fiscal information in compliance with US GAAP. This person will partner with our accounting and finance leadership team to drive process improvement throughout the North America accounting function, with a primary focus on intercompany accounting and consolidations.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Record intracompany and intercompany transactions, including managing cash settlements and ensuring balances reconcile with the counterparty.
- Process consolidations within Planful and generate financial reports for group and management reporting.
- Collaborate with regional teams in Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific to ensure intercompany balances reconcile.
- Analyze, record and reconcile intra-company transactions.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with financial systems, budgets, financial reporting, and financial data analysis
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong background in Microsoft Office – Highly proficient in Excel.
- Experience excelling within fast-paced, high-energy environments.
Tuesday, January 31, 2023