Senior OR Lead Private Equity Accountant
- Chicago, IL
A Fortune 500 financial institution is hiring a Senior OR Lead Accountant for their Private Equity Accounting team! This role will have high exposure to senior leadership as well as high profile Private Equity clients.
Things to get excited about:
- Annual reviews and bonuses
- Ability to move to other teams or get promotions after one year in a position
- Full dental, vision, life, disability insurance
- 401k contributions on day 1. Match on day 90.
- Pension Plan contribution
- Alternate work options (work from home a couple of days a week after 90 days)
- 20 PTO days, and all banking holidays
- Family programs: including adoption assistance, maternity leave, paternity leave, Lactation program, child development center on-site, School visitation time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite gym and gym discounts across the city
- Legal assistance, counseling, and other professional services
- Lead team and set performance management expectations/support career development efforts including providing feedback to staff and, if necessary, develop corrective priorities.
- Demonstrate technical competency regarding complex, extensive, high profile transactions surrounding all PE Fund activity (capital calls, distributions, management fees’ investment purchases, divestments, carried interest calculations, etc); ensuring they are executed according to the client agreement and standard accounting policies and procedures.
- Directly interact with external senior investment management/principals and/or CFOs, Controllers, CCOs.
- Provide input, maintain and monitor departments risk management and compliance programs for assigned team.
- Monitor client relationships and service activities to ensure the team is adhering to the client’s service level agreement.
- Coordinate and participate in training presentations regarding products and services with partners and conducts on-the-job training with staff.
- Ensure that all necessary client documentation is completed according to audit guidelines.
- Monitor turnaround times so that products/services are provided by the due date.
- Monitor and verify account set up, maintenance, and service for accuracy and completeness.
- Review all bespoke, non-standard procedures for account processing.
- Provide management updates on transactions, including statistics on volume, productivity, new developments, service, and sensitive issues on a regular basis.
- Complete department and individual Key Performance Indicators per established procedures.
- Provide input and assist in implementing new technology and efficiency initiatives.
- Knowledge of private equity fund industry required.
- 3+ years of accounting /securities operations experience and 5+ years private equity fund accounting/administration experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Analytical skills required to review, research, and resolve accounting issues.
Monday, July 6, 2020