Senior Compensation Analyst
- Chicago, IL
Senior Compensation Analyst
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Analytics and Compensation and is responsible for analyzing and monitoring employee compensation and various data elements while leading multiple projects and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing annual salary review processes and bonus calculations, including non-US office salary processes.
- Generating ad hoc compensation reports from the HR system.
- Reviewing and analyzing compensation survey results.
- Leading, monitoring, and documenting compensation programs.
- Creating compensation budget information.
- Leading the definition of salary compensation levels for staff and lawyers on an ad hoc basis.
- Conducting analysis for special compensation-related projects.
- Reconciling compensation information between payroll systems and the HR system.
- Proposing and implementing innovative business solutions and improvements regarding compensation.
- Handling heavy special project work, including recommending, designing, managing, and implementing compensation initiatives.
- Assisting in the development, implementation, and roll-out of the automated compensation management system.
- Collaborating with the Senior Manager of Analytics and Compensation to maintain an enhanced compensation profile with best match information.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily fulfill the duties and responsibilities above and meet the following requirements. The listed requirements represent the minimum knowledge, skill, and ability needed. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of HR experience, with at least four years of compensation experience.
- Ability to analyze technical solutions and provide sound conclusions for insurance, accounting, and financial issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) from the World at Work organization.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Good judgment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others.
- Capacity to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong project management skills, capable of handling multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
Friday, July 7, 2023