Senior Financial Auditor - Life Sciences
- Glenview, IL
A Fortune 500 life sciences company is hiring on their growing Financial audit team! They create products that impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of people every day and also provide their internal employees with substantial benefits!
Some things to get excited about:
- Opportunity to rotate into the organization within 18-24 months
- Excellent benefits
- Travel up to 50% to beautiful places. Travel is planned a year in advance so no last-
- minute trips. You can build in vacation between your trips and there is a generous travel budget to build on fun trips and meals.
- Very low turnover leaving the organization. However, traditionally, the team has had 50% move into other teams within the organization annually!
- Perform financial audits of domestic and international businesses.
- Utilize skills and knowledge acquired from public accounting experience to assess the accuracy of financial statements, adequacy of internal controls, and identify business process improvements.
- Successfully complete audits from planning to fieldwork to report issuance to wrap up.
- Document all audit work performed in a clear, purposeful, and timely manner.
- Establish positive working relationships with management and provide input on risks and controls while maintaining independence and objectivity.
- Promote an effective team-oriented atmosphere and take initiative to assist in the orientation and development of new auditors.
- Achieve individual and department goals as assigned.
- Leverage experience obtained and relationships developed over the course of your time in the Audit group to identify future career interests and opportunities throughout the Finance org.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ busy seasons in internal/external audit practice of a public accounting firm, Big 4, highly preferred
- Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley and experience in testing SOX related processes and controls
- Project management experience including the ability to organize, plan, prioritize and complete assignments with little or no supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to express a point of view and advise on risk and control considerations
- Manufacturing and/or international business experience desirable
- Ability to use discretion and handle sensitive/confidential information
- CPA or other certification (CISA, CIA, CMA), highly preferred
Thursday, March 9, 2023