- Chicago, IL
Are you looking to join a renowned global law firm with a rich history of excellence and innovation? Discover an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a team that values your expertise and offers unparalleled professional growth. Step into a dynamic and inclusive work environment that fosters collaboration and empowers you to make a lasting impact. Unlock your full potential and elevate your legal career with a forward-thinking organization that is dedicated to delivering exceptional client service.
We are seeking a talented eBilling Analyst. As an eBilling Analyst, you will provide crucial support to the Electronic Billing Manager in overseeing all aspects of electronic billing and information exchange between our organization and our valued clients. This role requires direct interaction with clients, as well as collaboration with personnel across various departments and offices within our organization. You will work closely with accounting departments, including Billing, Accounts Receivable, Client Accounting, Pricing, Client Arrangements, Accounts Payable, and Revenue Management, to ensure minimal financial exposure for the company.
- Implement electronic billing systems for clients. Communicate implementation timelines and client-specific requirements to relevant personnel within the organization.
- Offer comprehensive eBillingHub ("HUB") support to the Billing group. Research and troubleshoot electronic billing issues related to the HUB.
- Act as a helpdesk, addressing and responding to inquiries from individuals across our global offices regarding electronic billing matters. Ensure satisfactory resolution of their questions.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the electronic billing systems used by the organization and ensure compliance with their requirements. Effectively communicate these requirements to relevant personnel when necessary.
- Familiarize yourself with Legal Electronic Data Exchange Standard (LEDES) billing formats, specifications, limitations, etc. Collaborate with the HUB Support team to implement or update formats based on client or vendor requirements.
- Manage the electronic invoice submission process and track the status of invoices from submission to acceptance. Identify, research, and troubleshoot rejected invoices and other issues promptly to ensure proper submission and acceptance. Liaise with various teams, including Billing, partners, secretaries, Accounts Receivable, and Client Arrangements, to expedite invoice acceptance.
- Take responsibility for managing timekeepers associated with the organization's largest electronically billed clients. Determine appropriate rates for timekeepers and submit them for approval through the electronic billing system. Ensure timely acceptance of new timekeepers and address any related issues.
- Review new matters for the organization's largest electronically billed clients to ensure accurate entry of all relevant electronic billing information into our system. This ensures that invoices are prepared for electronic submission upon approval. Follow up with the Billing group, partners, secretaries, and clients as necessary to gather required information.
- Document and communicate the client rate submission process. Continuously assess and provide recommendations for improved efficiency.
- Collaborate closely with the Client Arrangements team during the annual Firmwide rate implementation review. Work together to ensure communication to the Billing group captures essential information for accurate submission of electronic invoices.
- Deliver excellent customer service to our attorneys, Billing group, clients, and other personnel within the organization.
To succeed in this role, you must be capable of performing the aforementioned responsibilities satisfactorily and meet the following requirements. These requirements reflect the minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Experience with electronic billing systems
- Experience with eBillingHub
- Experience with 3E billing application
Other Skills and Abilities:
The successful candidate must also possess the following qualities:
- Strong organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Accurate proofreading abilities
- Sound judgment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Commitment to confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong project management skills, capable of handling multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Friday, July 7, 2023