Staff or Senior Auditor
- Warrenville, IL
The Senior Internal Auditor will lead financial, operational, compliance, and strategic audits for all companies under the parent portfolio. This position reports to the Internal Audit Manager and is located at the corporate office in Warrenville, IL.
- Facilitate and participate in all phases of financial, operational, compliance, and strategic audits, including planning, scheduling, execution and oversight of testing, summarization of results, report preparation and follow-up with management on effective and timely remediation.
- Oversee and perform audit activities to ensure timely completion and to maximize efficiency of audit approach.
- Develop procedures and lead assessments of financial statement risks, effectiveness of internal controls, and identification of business process improvement opportunities
- Develop plans to address risks and assist management with evaluating areas of concern
- Keep abreast of Finance team priorities and initiatives as well as business unit, and Internal Audit Industry developments to ensure audit activities and plans are responsive to organizational needs and follow the most recent best practices.
- Lead the communication of audit results and ensure that results are understood, presented fairly, properly documented, and appropriate action plans are put into place and agreed upon by management.
- Support annual external financial audits of the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Assist merger and acquisition efforts through due diligence support and post-closing integration process.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Preferred CPA and/or CIA
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- 3-5 years in public accounting and/or 3-5 years in internal audit, preferably in a large manufacturing company
- Knowledge of Institute of Internal Auditors’ Internal Audit Standards and Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of generally accepted auditing principles, practices, and theory
- Self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel (advanced skills is a plus)
- Familiarity with MS SharePoint, PowerApps, Power BI, (data mining experience a plus)
- Experience working in team environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 30-50% travel, including international
Thursday, March 9, 2023