Lead Internal Auditor
- Chicago, IL
We are seeking an experienced Lead Internal Auditor to join a newly formed Internal Audit team, to provide independent and objective assurance and consulting service in evaluating and improving the effectiveness of the company’s governance, risk management and internal controls. The position will have high visibility within the company and high potential for career growth. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to grow with the company in a unique industry with high growing potential.
- Conduct full cycle of audit engagements and SOX audits including risk assessments, audit scoping, process walkthrough and documentation, controls testing and substantive testing, and to conclude, report and remediate on the audit findings.
- Acts as a leader with junior staff members, providing coaching and regular feedback to encourage growth and improvement.
- Assist with fraud investigation or other ethics violations as requested by the company’s senior management.
- Ability to lead and take initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other relevant fields with at least 5 years of Internal/External Audit or Internal Controls experience. Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to conduct interviews with the process owners, ask good questions, document the process flows and present to management.
- Strong understanding of business processes and financial controls.
- Solid analytical skills and good attention to detail when working with large datasets.
- Experience with process flow charts, controls mapping and sample testing.
- Demonstrate good initiative and ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Must be ethically strong, with high levels of integrity and adherence to regulations, controls, and compliance.
- SOX404 documentation and testing experience preferred.
- Must have at least one professional accreditation: CPA (Preferred), CIA, or CFE.
Monday, October 24, 2022