Accountant, Reporting & Policy
- Oak Brook, IL
The primary responsibility of the Accountant, Reporting & Accounting Policy, is reporting, researching and analysis as it relates to the consolidated financial statements of SEC reporting Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs). This position assists in the preparation of accounting treatment documentation, technical accounting memos, analyses and reconciliations, and is primarily responsible for collecting and compiling the necessary information to support the SEC filings for the REITs. Additionally, the position will support internal controls processes, external audit and review preparation procedures, as well as ad hoc projects as needed. This role reports to the Director of SEC Reporting.
- Demonstrates highest standards of personal and professional integrity, adheres to company’s policies and procedures, and complies with applicable laws, government rules and regulations.
- Collect and compile necessary information to help prepare financial statements, footnotes and all other components of SEC filings, including Forms 8-K, 10-K and 10-Q for the REITs.
- Manage documents for SEC filings within Active Disclosure and assist with the XBRL review with Active Disclosure.
- Assist in maintenance and documentation of internal control processes and procedures, including internal control testing for the REITs.
- Assist with technical accounting research, documentation and adoption of new accounting standards.
- Work with external auditors to assist in quarterly and year-end audit procedures including audit requests for the REITs.
- Support property and fund accounting, as needed, with reporting and technical accounting for other Inland real estate investment funds.
- Work on ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- CPA or pursuing CPA preferred.
- 3+ years of prior professional experience in accounting, preferably in the real estate industry.
- SEC reporting and technical accounting research and documentation.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and Word are required for this position.
- Active Disclosure, Workiva or some other SEC filing management system.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Problem-solving and time management skills.
- Strong organization skills and must be detail orientated.
Thursday, March 9, 2023