- Kildeer, IL
Buckingham Search is excited to be working with a full-service public accounting firm that partners with real estate companies, institutional investors, and other private equity real estate owners! They are in search of a Fund Accountant to add to their roster.
They currently support more than 20 investment funds with over $5 billion in multitype real estate assets, a portfolio that continues to see growth - which is why this position has been created!
Their offices have access to green space, walking paths, and several shopping and dining options. The office suite features both single occupancy and socially distanced two-person offices, and a hybrid workplace that allows team members to split their time between home and office.
- Preparing, assisting in the preparation of monthly and annual consolidated fair value financial reporting packages, including statements of net assets, statements of operations, statements of changes in net assets, statements of cash flows, and client-specific supplemental schedules
- Conducting general reviews of property managers’ prepared financials to understand property operations; collecting, organizing, and reviewing data from property managers and fund sponsors
- Coordinating with financial auditors and client teams to ensure timely and accurate fair value financial reporting
- Preparing annual financial audit reports, assisting in the preparation of footnotes
- Reviewing and analyzing legal documents, including loan and partnership agreements
- Researching and compiling data for quarterly property status and performance summaries for asset managers
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a plus
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in public accounting, auditing, financial reporting, or investment fund consolidation accounting
- Familiarity with legal real estate documents and real estate construction is a plus
- Strong Excel skills is a must, knowledge of Yardi software a plus
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; strong attention to detail
- A self-starter attitude, ability to work independently and collaborate with others
Wednesday, November 23, 2022