Senior Auditor - Loop location!
- Chicago, IL
Our client, a global financial service firm located in Chicago’s loop is seeking a Senior Auditor!
This firm specializes in serving the most sophisticated clients in the investment management, fund administration, and banking space by way of their exceptional employee base and highly strategic technology.
Things to get excited about:
- Full dental, vision, life, disability insurance
- 401k contributions on day 1. Match on day 90.
- Pension Plan contribution.
- Alternate work options (work from home a couple days a week after 90 days)
- 20 PTO days, and all banking holidays
- Family programs: including adoption assistance, Maternity leave, paternity leave, child development center on site, School visitation time
- Tuition Reimbursement ($12,000 per year)
- Onsite gym and gym discounts across the city
- Legal assistance, counseling, and other professional services
- Experience in implementing and utilizing quantitative approaches and data analytical tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel, SAS, R) during the audit engagement;
- Execute testing applying both quantitative and qualitative analysis in adherence with approved scope and test steps;
- Conduct complex, cross-functional, technically difficult, and high risk audit engagements throughout the Corporation with appropriate attention to detail;
- Demonstrate a deep analytical approach to understand risks, controls, and identify control gaps in processes across the business unit/corporate function;
- Lead planning for audits assigned including developing an appropriate scope that captures key/high risk areas and alignment with regulatory requirements/expectations;
- Develop risks, controls and corresponding test steps and review those prepared by junior auditors;
- Execute tests of design and tests of operating effectiveness proficiently, inclusive of more advanced audit techniques involving re-performance, reconciliation, and data manipulation in order to assess the completeness and accuracy of data;
- Ensure audit work including workpaper documentation, findings, and the final report adheres to Audit Services methodology and are clear, thorough but concise, and adequately support findings;
- Communicate and support initial findings to senior management/stakeholders for challenge and discussion;
- Translate initial findings into formal draft issues and audit report content and assist Audit Manager with finalizing;
- Assist in preparation of presentations to the Board, Audit Committee and senior management;
- Review work of junior members on the audit ensuring that auditing standards and department methodology expectations have been met;
- Working knowledge of capital planning, CCAR, DFAST, Basel, Treasury, liquidity risk, interest rate risk, resolution planning, balance sheet forecasting, investment portfolio, and related statistical/quantitative models;
- Perform issue validation and assist junior staff with issue validation as necessary;
- Establish and develop strong working relationships and open communication with key stakeholders as well as Audit Managers and junior audit staff;
- Monitor progress and budget for the audit, and escalate significant budget variances/delays to Audit Manager;
- Take action to learn and develop skills/knowledge proactively across various auditable entities, and assist with developing junior auditors staffed on audits including providing clarification and feedback on specific tasks and workpapers;
- Stay abreast and maintain knowledge of regulatory developments, including changes to capital and liquidity requirements, and industry trends, and assist with continuous monitoring and knowledge sharing efforts.
- 2+ years of auditing experience in a financial institution or in a public auditing/consulting firm
- A College or University degree;
- A Master’s Degree and/or FRM, PRM, CFA and/or CIA certification is preferred, but not mandatory;
- Demonstrated proficiency in evidencing strong analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills;
- Strong business skills and general business acumen.
Wednesday, November 27, 2019