Senior Internal Auditor - Deerfield
- Deerfield, IL
A leading consumer products company with a track record of market outperformance and growth is looking to add a new Senior Internal Auditor to the team! This is a great opportunity for you to grow your dream career. In addition to offering a rewarding work environment, they also offer competitive compensation and benefits packages and rewards to top talent!
Get Excited About:
- Excellent retirement benefits - 401k match - up to 4.5% (vested immediately!) and 6% annual profit-sharing bonus
- Competitive base + bonus
- Onsite fitness center with additional wellness benefits (nutrition counseling, partnerships with other fitness facilities)
- PPO or HSA health options and dental & vision coverage
- Team-oriented culture in the audit wants to train/develop employees!
- Merit-based promotions
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with 3 years of related experience or equivalent experience.
- CPA, CIA, or MBA preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of theory and practice of internal controls, internal auditing, and computer concepts and capabilities.
- Plan, program, and perform audits of functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the control systems and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Prepare, review, analyze, and evaluate the audit working papers to determine their adequacy to support the work performed and the audit conclusions.
- Prepare a comprehensive written audit report and executive summary communicating the results of the audit and related corrective recommendations. Audit findings will clearly illustrate the associated risk to the operation and suggested recommendations will be mutually agreed upon by management, practical, and overall add value to the organization.
- Actively participate in team meetings and developmental activities as assigned by the Audit Manager.
- Make an oral presentation of their audit findings to appropriate management personnel of the unit or activity under review.
- Perform a quarterly risk assessment of the selected operating company assigned including changes in key risks, an overview of key events taking place at the company, external market competition, laws and regulations that may business risk, events expected to take place in the future, and any key management changes taking place.
- Assist Audit Department managers with developing and maintaining the Sarbox as well as assist in reports and documentation for the Company’s executives and external auditors.
- Support operating company management in the documentation effort to fulfill the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act regarding the company’s internal controls over financial reporting.
- Travel up to 50% - Primarily North American locations; some international travel may be required.
Tuesday, February 11, 2020