SEC Financial Reporting Manager-Real Estate Investment!
- Chicago, IL
Our client is one of the world's leading investment managers. They are currently seeking an SEC Reporting Manager to join their team of more than 900 employees in 24 offices across the globe!
They have approximately $78 billion in private and public real estate property and debt investments across over 500 diverse clients. If you're looking to make a significant impact, grow out a team of your own, and advance your career in the real estate or investment management industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
My team loves working with this client because the team is incredible. Their leadership team is approachable, hilarious, and truly supportive of their team. They not only enjoy their time together 9-5, but they find ways to be social through happy hours, team building, and more.
They are located in the heart of Chicago and have a flexible in-office policy. You will report to the Director of Accounting and have significant exposure to the CFO as well.
- Partner with the CFO and Controller to manage public company accounting and reporting requirements
- Responsible for the production and timely filing of the consolidated annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and SEC regulations (Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, Form 8-K, Proxy and Prospectus). Including coordination and preparation of all footnote disclosures as well as management’s discussion and analysis. This also includes the application of XBRL to the consolidated financial statements as required by the SEC.
- Assist in review and consolidation of property level data used in preparation of SEC filings, internal management reports and reporting to board of directors.
- Create and maintain SEC calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline and preparation of US GAAP and SEC disclosure checklists to ensure compliance with external financial statement and disclosure requirements
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation, and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical, and comprehensive manner
- Participates in the interpretation and analysis of new pronouncements, standards or guidance made by the FASB, SEC or other authoritative bodies to assess the financial statement impact and the implementation of accounting-related changes to ensure compliance
- Research and prepare technical accounting memos as needed for new acquisitions and/or accounting positions taken and Prepare accounting analyses relating to real estate acquisitions including understanding and application of accounting standards including purchase price accounting, leasing and consolidation.
- Assist external auditors with quarterly reviews and year-end audit testing and assist in the execution of the internal controls review process and ensure proper documentation is in place with respect to financial reporting activities
Monday, August 7, 2023