Senior Tax Analyst
- Naperville, IL
Senior Tax Analyst - West Suburbs of Chicago
Buckingham Search is partnered with a leading manufacturer of various types of high-quality and sustainable pulp, packaging, and paper products. They produce more than 1.2 million short tons of paper products annually; and together, through innovation and determination, are building the foundations of their 100-year vision.
This position reports to the Senior Tax Manager and is responsible for assisting with all facets of tax compliance and accounting. The position will help manage the preparation of all sales and use tax returns and will also prepare, file, and track all property tax returns and payments. The position would also assist with the preparation of federal and state income tax returns as well as accounting for income taxes in the financial statements.
This is a unique opportunity for a tax professional to gain exposure to all facets of a growing company’s tax strategies, reporting, and new entity creation. A successful candidate would experience great career and professional development and gain valuable experiences as the company grows to be able to take on additional leadership opportunities as they arise.
- Prepare all Canadian and U.S. federal and provincial/state tax returns relating to income, capital, franchise, sales and use tax, and other taxes.
- Prepare all Canadian and U.S. information returns including, but not limited to foreign reporting requirements in the U.S and Canada, 1099’s etc.
- Compute and analyze estimated/installment, extension payments and verify that we have reconciled to the statements of account from taxing authorities.
- Prepare and analyze apportionment work papers for income tax filings, as needed.
- Assist with the mid-year and year-end tax provision workpapers to ensure accurate tax accounting for the financial statements.
- Reconcile the general ledger tax accounts.
- Review tax depreciation schedules for various U.S. entities within BNA Fixed Assets software application.
- Identify, develop, and assist with implementation of positions to ensure sales and use tax compliance obligations are efficiently, timely, and accurately satisfied.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual account reconciliations to ensure balances are consistent with returns filed/payments made for property, sales, and use tax.
- Monitor the tax compliance calendar to ensure all filings are done on a timely basis.
- Respond to tax notices from various governmental agencies.
- Research and analyze tax return positions.
- Assist in managing and settling federal/state tax audits and notices, as needed.
- Manage, train, and assist interns/temporary staff as needed.
- 3+ years of tax experience with a strong state tax background
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. MST and/or CPA a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with CorpTax compliance and provision software.
- Experience with SAP.
- Must be “customer driven” to provide accurate and timely results to Tax Team and to Finance and Accounting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in the pulp and paper industry.
- Able to work independently with good communications skills across organizational functions.
- Is action oriented and takes the initiative, able to multitask and maintain focus.
Tuesday, September 12, 2023