Staff Accountant II - Great benefits, and opportunity to progress quickly!
- Park Ridge, IL
A leading telecom company serving millions of customers nationwide is hiring a Staff Accountant II within their Corporate Accounting group! This team promotes quickly, and it isn’t uncommon for people to move across the business into finance, supply chain, and other areas of the company!
Things to get excited about:
- Benefits awarded day 1 (Health, Vision, Dental, HSA, FSA, Life insurance), along with wellness dollars!
- 401k matching on your first 5% and a 100% company-funded pension plan
- Parental leave and adoption financial assistance
- Currently all WFH, however, they also have a newly renovated and updated office center with cafeteria and gym on-site
- Cell phone allowance
- Dress for your day/casual dress
- Education assistance
- Great community involvement and volunteer opportunities
The Staff Accountant II role will support the preparation of GAAP financial statements and contribute to the timely completion and analysis of financial results and accounting transactions, participate in an efficient close process, and understand the internal and external requirements to ensure accurate reporting.
- Coordinate and participate in the monthly close process for assigned area of responsibility.
- Assist Senior Accountants and Accounting Managers in daily accounting activities and month-end closing procedures
- Analyze financial reports and records, making recommendations, or seeking solutions for accounting problems before presenting issues to senior/manager.
- Analyze a moderate scope of situations or data review of a variety of factors.
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues exercising judgment within defined accounting procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Prepare journal entries and account analyses timely and accurately.
- Review, research, and recommend improvements to analysis, reporting, billing, and compliance systems.
- Respond to financial inquiries of field management providing requested information for use in effective field management of the business.
- Meet monthly schedule for reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2+ years of Accounting experience; public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA license or progress towards CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of fundamental accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
Friday, September 25, 2020