Institutional Sales Director
- Chicago, IL
A multi-billion-dollar financial institution headquartered in Chicago, IL is hiring a new Director of Institutional Sales to their dynamic team!
- Great Work-Life Balance
- They take all the banking holidays
- Great Benefits
- Uncapped tuition reimbursement: 90% paid for A’s, 80% for B’s.
- 401(k) match that increases with tenure, 100% match after 5 years of employment
- Pre-tax cafeteria plan
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Gym/Health Club reimbursement
- FSA options
- Markets banking products and services to clients and prospects.
- Services existing client relationships and develops and cultivates relationship with new clients
- Acts as a consultant and trusted advisor to client contacts – negotiating credit arrangements, promoting and selling new solutions, and generating ideas for new business opportunities.
- Promotes company to existing clients and prospective depository clients through client, trade association and events, develops relationships with third-party influencers and other marketing efforts.
- Works closely with other departments to support and structure credit, collateral and residential mortgage solutions to drive client business.
- Travels to meet with clients directly, to trade association events and other conference/educational events
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA in Finance/CFA strongly desired.
- CFO/Treasurer background would be a plus.
- Knowledge of finance and relevant business segment specific issues, acquired through either an advanced degree or experience in retail, commercial, community, or investment banking, asset management, credit analysis, mortgage banking, business development and/or relationship management.
- Proven high-level relationships with C-suite executives is a must.
- Experience with formulating, crafting and delivering sales presentations.
- Skills in negotiation, leadership and sales are necessary to service the client relationships.
- Knowledge of applicable industry laws and regulations, usually acquired through prior experience or the completion of a formal credit or rotational program is preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication skills required.
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Must be willing to travel up to 40%.
- 7-10 years of financial analysis and client servicing experience, or a combination of formal corporate credit training and 4-7 years of direct retail, commercial or community banking business development and/or account management experience.
- Familiarity with wholesale funding sources,
- Experience in mortgage banking background/environment.
- Experience negotiating interest rates, price, terms and collateral requirements.
Friday, October 4, 2019