An international commercial real estate giant has reached out to Buckingham Search to assist in its search for a Regional Audit Director.
Our team has had the great pleasure of helping this company find influential, ambitious go-getters to add to their all-star audit team. Take your first step into their work space or get to know anyone on the team and you will quickly discover their credentials for winning Worlds Most Admired Company and America’s Best Employer. Their company embraces diversity and has endless committees and groups internally to create a culture of inclusion and involvement. Their perks and benefits are not overshadowed by the outstanding career path that is clearly laid out company-wide.
This role provides leadership development opportunities by working with senior management and international exposure that will broaden your knowledge of the global organization.
• Partner with internal stakeholders to create a strong control environment and robust “Three Lines of Defense”
Oversee the internal audit function globally concentrating on operational audits of accounts and assisting with advisory projects.
• Communicate audit findings and Action Plans to key stakeholders on a regular basis.
• Coordinate and manage the annual audits, including the scoping of audits, identification and analysis of key risks and related critical processes and controls, development of audit work programs and control self-assessments and documentation of program results.
• Support leadership to ensure an effective audit program on an on-going basis, including the planning, execution and reporting on the system of internal controls over financial reporting, the effective coordination of audit activities, other internal resources, external auditors, senior management and other stakeholders.
• Work independently or supervise internal evaluators during evaluation fieldwork; perform and review the testing of control design and operating effectiveness.
• Responsible for monitoring action plan progress, validating of enhancements implemented and forwarding regular status updates to the audit team.
• Represent audit as liaison to external auditors and upon request, support countries by providing solutions to remediate deficiencies.
• Represent audit as liaison with other compliance groups (e.g. legal, compliance, and professional standards) to understand the scope and impact of all assurance programs throughout the Region.
• Assist Global and Regional Legal Departments in the education of Compliance Matters e.g., Code of Ethics, Money Laundering, FCPA etc. as requested.
• Provide technical assistance to stakeholders in the development and refinement of internal controls.
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with peer and internal customers.
• Manage a cohesive, responsive, engaged and high-performance team including (s) and other indirect reports as required during projects and assignments.