Legal Professional Development Specialist
- Los Angeles, CA
Buckingham Search is partnering with a global law firm to find a Professional Development Specialist or Manager.
This individual will be the central point of contact responsible for training primarily attorneys and staff, as requested or part of a practice group, on innovative solutions for the firm. The role will be responsible for the needs of the learner and will identify the right solution and delivery method for the lawyer or staff member to adopt the technology or process. They may coordinate with vendors or develop/deliver programs internally.
Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrated expertise with law firm research, innovation tools and solutions including, but not limited to, Casetext, Contract Companion, Westlaw/Lexis, and Lexis Search Advantage
- Proficiency in facilitating and presenting training programs in classroom and virtual environments
- Proficiency in the application of instructional design, curriculum design, and adult-learning principles.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- A self-starter who takes ownership of assigned projects; ability to work independently
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within all levels of the firm and collaborate well in a team environment to create support for programs
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to shift priorities and manage change with a positive outcome
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, take initiative and practice good judgment
- Provide outstanding client service and be proactive in seeking innovative ways in which to help colleagues
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- BA in political science, business, library science or related field required
- Advanced degree in library science, research or a Juris Doctorate preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in the business or legal industry
- Success developing and establishing learning programs in a national or international, multi-office environment and familiarity with learning management systems is a plus
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Exceptional computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications quickly
Friday, June 11, 2021