Senior IT Auditor - Low travel
- Chicago, IL
Our client, a leading publicly-held insurance and financial services organization, headquartered in the Chicago loop, is seeking to hire an experienced Senior IT Auditor to their growing team!
The company has grown significantly through acquisition recently and is seeking a top-performing experienced Audit professional for this critical role. Overall, their Internal Audit Department is focused on becoming a best-in-class department that is guided by a philosophy of adding value and improving the operations of the organization.
- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
- Save for your future with 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
- Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
- Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
- Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
- Participate on teams providing assurance services via integrated, information technology, operational and Sarbanes Oxley 404 audits as well as advisory services such as process improvement reviews and strategic initiatives.
- Document understanding of business processes in narratives and/or flow charts.
- Identify risks and controls within processes and provide risk assessment.
- Develop and execute audit procedures and perform audit testing to evaluate control design and operational effectiveness.
- Able to identify, validate and present audit issues to senior leadership and maintain effective working relationships with appropriate levels of management.
- Prepare insightful audit reports and follow up on action plans to determine adequacy of corrective actions.
- Assist in assessing controls over, and within, significant strategic projects that may include business acquisitions and technological developments and conversions.
- Maintain technical competence by ongoing training, seeking development opportunities and applying new knowledge to daily work assignments.
- Monitoring changes in the regulatory environment, industry trends and actively participating in professional organizations (e.g., IIA, ISACA).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; concentration in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- 3/5 years of information technology experience, preferably in public accounting, internal audit or related field.
- CISA certification is required (must be acquired within 18 months of joining the team).
- CIA, CPA, CISSP and CFE certification is a plus.
- Exposure to IT standards (e.g. ISO 27001, PCI-DSS), frameworks (e.g. COBIT, NIST, ITIL), technical systems and emerging technology
- Able to travel domestically between 10 – 30%
Wednesday, November 27, 2019