Senior Manager State and Local Tax - Highly acquisitive company!
- Chicago, IL
A leading global sustainable energy company is hiring a Senior Manager of State and Local Tax to their expanding team!
This is an exciting job for someone who wants to do something more forward-looking and really get into the business as the Senior Manager will focus on supporting overall growth.
The organization does dozens of M&A transactions/acquisitions annually and this individual will be looking at the tax ramifications of those transactions. This role works cross-functionally with the business and stakeholders across the company on deals. Specifically, this person will support taxable income forecast modeling, as well as review new deal contracts and train the team on changes in tax legislation.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Masters degree in Accounting/Taxation or J.D. preferred
- CPA certification or other relevant certification
- 5+ years of prior experience in state and local/multistate experience required
- Experience managing multi-state reviews that analyze franchise, income, exemptions, credits and incentives, and corporate structures that reduce tax burden
- Consult with various stakeholders to make recommendations on business and process improvement
- Work directly with state auditors to resolve audit issues
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of tax compliance, tax reporting, tax research, and tax planning on a multi-state level
- Ability to prepare detailed tax training and develop staff
- Ability to provide detailed business recommendations as it related corporate, pass through, multi-state and international entities
- Ability to represent in examinations before state revenue departments.
- Responsible for monitoring and applying federal and state income tax related legislation and IRS pronouncements
- Prior experience supervising tax professionals on a project or engagement basis required
- Prior experience preparing and/or reviewing tax provisions
- Prior experience with apportionment and revenue sourcing for income, business activity and indirect taxes
- Experience with state tax forecasting/ planning
- Experience leading or implementing tax compliance automation software projects
Monday, March 29, 2021