Senior Tax Associate - Fast growing real estate company downtown!
- Chicago, IL
A fast-growing Real Estate Investment company headquartered in Chicago, IL is hiring for a brand new Senior Tax Associate role on their team!
This role is a part of a close-knit team and reports to the Tax Director who heads up all tax work at the company.
Things to get excited about:
- The company has more than doubled in size in the last few years and continues to have aggressive growth.
- Newly created role due to company growth.
- Just moved to a newly renovated office in the loop with a gym and restaurants onsite (however, all are currently working from home).
- Employees truly feel supported by the company and leadership.
- Excellent exposure across the organization. Not uncommon for the CEO and other leadership to walk up to the desks of everyone when they were in the office.
- Strong benefits including health, dental, vision, life, 401k match.
- Aggressive promotions and career path.
- Perform detailed technical review of multi-state REIT, corporation, and partnership income tax returns, including K-1 issuance, prepared by third parties.
- Prepare quarterly estimates, estimated payments, and financial statement disclosures.
- Prepare REIT compliance documentation, including organizational requirements, income and asset testing, as well as E&P calculations.
- Maintain tax depreciation records and assist with implementation of depreciation software.
- Assist with analyses related to 1031 like-kind exchanges.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax regulations including communications from regulators.
- Perform tax research to assist with tax structuring.
- Keep up to date with tax changes and industry trends by participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
- CPA designation preferred.
- 3+ years of experience required.
- State tax expertise, public company experience, and/or real estate industry experience a plus.
- Functional knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
Monday, March 29, 2021