Tax Manager - SALT - State & Local
- Downers Grove, IL
Fortune 500 Manufacturer is hiring a new Tax Manager!
Manager, State and Local Tax
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Our employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
As a Manager, Tax, you will be responsible for coordinating the US State and Local income and franchise tax provision process and for administering the State and Local tax return preparation, filings and payments. You will also be responsible for technical research, the monitoring of legal and legislative developments including the modeling of the (potential) impact thereof, ASC 740 accounting, oversight of State tax credits and incentives.
- Coordinate the US State and Local income and franchise tax provision process
- Administer State and Local tax return preparation, filings and payments.
- Conduct technical research, monitor legal and legislative developments including the modeling of the (potential) impact thereof, ASC 740 accounting, oversight of State tax credits and incentives.
- Provide State and Local tax guidance to leadership on a range of issues and includes participation in significant projects to ensure that SALT implications are identified and considered.
- Promote a team atmosphere, build consensus and strive to continuously improve the State and Local tax provision and compliance processes within tax operations, identifying and implementing best practices (including technology solutions) in a strong control environment.
- Participate in State tax planning and forecasting initiatives in collaboration with other members of the Tax department and of the business; proactively investigate and analyze opportunities for State tax savings, and support the State and Local audit function in response to inquiries and requests from authorities.
- Ensure preparation and archiving of complete documentation on State tax positions and issues.
- Review US income tax accounting including State deferred tax items, State valuation allowances, State current and deferred tax provisions, State effective- and cash tax rate calculations and the State payable roll forward.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Manage multi-state reviews that analyze franchise, income, exemptions, credits and incentives, and corporate structures that reduce tax burden
- Consult with various stakeholders to make recommendations on business and process improvement • Work directly with state auditors to resolve audit issues
- Maintains an advanced knowledge of tax compliance, tax reporting, tax research, and tax planning on a multi-state level
- Ability to prepare detailed tax training and developing staff
- Ability to provide detailed business recommendations to as it related corporate, pass through, multi-state and international entities
- Ability to represent in examinations before state revenue departments.
- Responsible for monitoring and applying federal and state income tax related legislation and IRS pronouncements
- More than five (5) years of prior experience in state and local/multistate experience required
- Prior experience supervising tax professionals on a project or engagement basis required
- Prior experience preparing and/or reviewing tax provisions
- Apportionment and revenue sourcing for income, business activity and indirect taxes;
- State tax forecasting/ planning
- CPA certification or other relevant certification
- Masters degree in Accounting/Taxation or J.D. preferred
- Experience leading or implementing tax compliance automation software projects; including knowledge of Thomson Reuters, OneSource, Vertex or other software
Tuesday, August 29, 2023