Assistant Vice President of Financial Reporting
- Indianapolis, IN
Buckingham Search is partnered with a a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies who is looking for an AVP of Financial Reporting!
The AVP is responsible for all financial reporting and regulatory reporting functions on behalf of multiple legal entities. The position is a hands-on ‘performing leadership’ role and, in addition to overseeing the work of others, will often be called upon to perform various tasks directly related to financial accounting and reporting to support the business unit.
- Ensures accurate and timely preparation and dissemination of financial reports including, but not limited to statutory financial statements, consolidated core earnings reports and the preparation of various reports as required by senior management, regulatory departments, and rating agencies
- Develops strategies as related to reporting practices, applying financial principles, and maintaining the integrity of financial data.
- Establishes, maintains, and monitors internal controls related to all reporting and accounting functions in accordance with company policies and practices and standard accounting practices
- Oversees the monthly and quarterly close process with a willingness and ability to identify and introduce process improvement to streamline processes
- Performs technical accounting research and drafts memorandum for new or complex transactions and accounting pronouncements
- Leads and develops a team of accounting professionals to meet or exceed department goals and objectives. Involved in the interviewing, hiring, and training of new employees, evaluates performance and makes decisions regarding employment status. Coaches and motivates staff to continuously provide excellent service to customers
- Take a leading role in the various audits of the company records, collaborating with external auditors, internal auditors, various departments of insurance personnel, and other agents
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance
- CPA required
- 7+ years of accounting and financial reporting experience,
- Experience preparing and compiling statutory financial statements for multiple entities
- Experience with Oracle a plus
- Experience with statutory reporting software (WINGS, eFreedom) a plus
- Excellent oral, written, listening, and presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate complex information to others
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and solve problems and issues of all types
- Ability to establish positive relationships and work effectively with all departments and affiliates to ensure integration of strategic goals and principles
Wednesday, November 23, 2022